fbpx Skip to main content

As of the 1st of July 2019, the new Plumbing and Drainage Act 2018 and the Plumbing and Drainage Regulation 2019 will be commencing. As always, we will still lodge water and plumbing applications on your behalf to council at no additional cost, this is just part of our service to you.

What does this mean for you? We will now need both the Plumbing Form 1 and Form 7 filled out and returned with a site plan, floor plan and soil classification report. We will no longer need a drainage plan to lodge your plumbing application on your behalf.

Furthermore, if the soil classification for the premises under AS 2870 2011 is H, E or P, a design showing the articulation of the sanitary drainage for the premises will be needed. In instances of P class sites where the footings are designed to classes A, S or M and the structural engineer believes that articulated joints in the drainage are not required a signed statement from the certifying engineer reflecting this will be acceptable to Council.

If you need an on-site plumbing application a copy of the site and soil evaluation report will still be needed along with the Plumbing Form 1 and 7, site plan, floor plan and soil classification report.

If you have any questions about the new plumbing forms, give us a call 07 4054 4588 or send us an email at info@acapprovals.com.au.  If you would like to download the new forms, please click this link they are located under the heading of Water/Plumbing Forms.


Call Us